First of all a few essential apps to download:
- **City mapper - This app will tell you all combination of trains/tubes/walking/taxi etc that you would need to take to get to your destination. An absolute must have.
- **Uber so that you can get taxis quickly and cheaply.
If you do decided to go to any of the following places it might be a good idea to try and book, some places don't do bookings at all in which case just turn up but always good to double check this. Be warned you will need to wait to get seated in most places - but this is ok as they usually have a bar
! -Bone Daddies
- This is one of my favourite restaurants in London. It serves a series of different Ramen (hearty Asian noodle soup) and you can pair that up with a number of different sides. The service is fast and friendly, it is reasonably priced and the accompanying 70/80s punk music is a great addition to the experience. You also have bibs and hair bobbles on the tables, to stop getting Ramen all over you! (source)
- Caravan Kings Cross
- Famous for it's breakfast and it's relaxed attitude, this is a great place to grab some nice coffee and have some delicious food. Based in a listed Victorian building, the setting is almost as good as the food!. -Franco Manca
is a sourdough pizza place which started off as a small independent restaurant in Brixton Village. It has exploded in popularity and is now all over the city! It is reasonably priced and has a great relaxed atmosphere. -Flat Iron
- This is a steak house that only has one cut on it's menu which is the 'Flat Iron'. They will occasionally have other specials on but their menu is incredibly small, simple and extremely tasty. The best part of all of this is that it is only £10 for the Flat Iron steak which in London is an absolute steal! You also get given a meat cleaver instead of a knife and these are available to buy too, should you wish to. Cheap and delicious and good craft beers too!
is a Mexican street food restaurant- really good and reasonably priced too. Does amazing cocktails and you can choose either to get 3 or 4 of the smaller dishes or one of larger main plates. It is very different to your bog standard Mexican burrito joint and offers a wide variety of seasonal and exciting options. This is also another place which started off with just one restaurant and has spread like wildfire across the city. -Bubbledogs
- Offers up the unusual combination of Champagne and gourmet hot dogs. It is a bit of a gimmick to be honest but never the less quite a fun night out ** Also note that through the back there is a secret Restaurant called The Kitchen Table
. This won a Michelin star back in 2014 and you have the unique experience of sitting around the kitchen and watching and interacting with the chef. (source)
- in my opinion is one of the best burgers in London and the rosemary chips are not to be missed! Again, this venue also has some nice craft beers. -Breakfast Club
- As you would guess,
is a great place for breakfasts and I love it's huge menu of pancakes! It is an American themed restaurant and in it's Spittalfields branch even has it's own Speakeasy bar. **To get into this bar you need to go through the SMEG fridge door and then give a password. (Password can be found on the website or their twitter). The bar is called 'The Mayor of Scardey Cat Town' and it has a great menu of cocktails and accompanying bar food menu.
-Sticks and Sushi -
This is a chain of restaurants from Denmark and specialisies in traditional Sushi and Yakatori sticks and is absolutely delicious. They also have ahuge wine and cocktail menu that goes along with the food nicely! -Big Easy
- This is another American themed restaurant however this is a place that specialising in BBQ'd meat and food of the South. ** I would definitely advise pre-booking here
. It also has a huge selection of Bourbon and cocktails. It is a little more expensive than some of the other places on the list but the portion sizes are huge and you also get your own bib whilst eating, so you can get some great pictures too! (source)
I hope this has made things a bit simpler for you and that you find something which tickles your fancy! Make sure and let us know how you get on! GVS Co xx (header image source
Leave a comment
When exploring London, deciding where to go to eat and drink can get quite overwhelming as there are SO many options! I have put together a collection of my top recommendations along with a few sneaky tips and tricks for your time in this fabulous capital city.